Merge Gamertags?

So I have two different accounts but i want to  change the gamertag of my primary account to the Gamertag of my other account. The problem is that I have to pay to switch both gamertags and that is a waste of money and is a hassle. Is there a way i can somehow transfer/merge the gamertag over and only have to pay for one of them, or could I call xbox support and could they help me with this?  Could I simply delete the other account and gamertag and then re-purchase the gamertag on my main??

Any advice is much appreciated. (BTW I have never posted on these forums before so if my format is off or I did something improperly please tell me as well).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 105 Applies to:

Before I start, your format is totally fine. Welcome to the forums!

Now to the merging, no, there is no way you can transfer the gamertag to your other account. The only things that are transferrable online are a few Avatar items. Otherwise nothing is transferrable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nothing is transferable from one account to another. Unless you have the Family Gold Plan but even then only ms points are transferable and nothing else.

Sorry this didn't help.

I transferred my accounts before I was from one xbox to another.

Is that what your after cause I can help with that.

Sorry this didn't help.

You cannot merge two profiles or gamertags together. You also cannot transfer anything from one account to another one.

The only way to have the gamertag to use with your main account would be to pay to change the gamertag twice.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="God is my Savory"]

I transferred my accounts before I was from one xbox to another.

Is that what your after cause I can help with that.

[/quote]

That is not what the OP is asking here. He wants to merge two accounts, which is not possible, as stated above.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I have the same "problem". I created a (free) account on my mothers Xbox a few years ago. Now I have my own Xbox with another account. I want to use the name I created on my mothers Xbox (which I have on a memory unit now) for my current account on which I have purchased some stuff already.

Am I understanding correctly that renaming the old (free) account to something else will free the name to use on my new account? Even though I think it's kind of a rip-off considering the ridiculous amount of money it will take to change names twice, I would like to do that. Just want to be absolutely sure that renaming an account will free up the old name for re-use. I don't want to flush money through the Micro$oft toilet just to find out I can't re-use previously used names, like with hotmail, where names are always kept "reserved", even though it is an canceled account.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Omnidextrous"]

I think I have the same "problem". I created a (free) account on my mothers Xbox a few years ago. Now I have my own Xbox with another account. I want to use the name I created on my mothers Xbox (which I have on a memory unit now) for my current account on which I have purchased some stuff already.

Am I understanding correctly that renaming the old (free) account to something else will free the name to use on my new account? Even though I think it's kind of a rip-off considering the ridiculous amount of money it will take to change names twice, I would like to do that. Just want to be absolutely sure that renaming an account will free up the old name for re-use. I don't want to flush money through the Micro$oft toilet just to find out I can't re-use previously used names, like with hotmail, where names are always kept "reserved", even though it is an canceled account.

[/quote]

Yes it will free it up. But you'll have to be quick, otherwise someone else might take it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. I'm not to worried about someone else taking the name withing the few minutes that it will be available since it's not really an existing word, just an internet nic I use on many other places. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.