Menu navigation sounds are loud and intrusive

Is there any way to mute or reduce the volume of the various bleeps and bloops that are produced by the Xbox One menu as you navigate it with a controller?

I find the volume of these sounds to be loud and intrusive compared to sounds on any other input.  For example if I'm watching television at an acceptable volume level and then switch to the Xbox One I have to reduce the volume significantly or mute all volume to not be annoyed by the menu navigation sounds.  Also I would like to mute/remove the onscreen keyboard sounds.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2018 Views 671 Applies to:

Yeah I agree....these could be disabled on 360 so why not on Xbox One? Frankly I find the dashboard navigation sounds annoying.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes please!! that dashboard sound is disturbing..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey krispykreme2008!

Thank you for the information that you have provided.  In order to make sure that your feedback gets to the right place, I recommend posting on our Xbox Feedback page. You can create a new suggestion or if you find that your suggestion has already been posted, you have the option to vote for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I absolutely agree, this is the worst thing that xbox could have done.  Even windows 95 allowed you to turn off sounds and start up sounds.  So its not like this is a new area for Microsoft, I feel like they are just trolling the users or really dont care in their R&D department.  They just "approve" any idea that comes from the top down, instead of listening to the players or their suggestion board, like they posted by a staff member later in this forum. 

Sorry this didn't help.