memory

I need more memory to download some needed this and i dont have tha extra cash to buy "memory card' for my 360 s  i was told that I could use one of them pen drives i guess he called em ive used them on computers.....didnt know u could with xbox... I know wal mart has 8 gb ones... does any1 know if that would work and if I could do it??/  thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Since Spring, 2010, the 360 has supported USB flash drives. The drive must be parttioned/formatted as FAT32 (the 360 can do this for you). The 360 then installs a USB Memory Unit on the flash drive.

What exactly do you need "memory" for? Keep in mind that not all DLC works with USB Memory Units. Some require a HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think they call it a exturnal memory card??? it goes in the buttom..  and would he package have that info on it to tell me if it would work??

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think they even MAKE the original Memory Unit any longer. The Memory Unit ports were removed from the 360 S console revision.

Stick with a USB Flash Drive. Buy a decent brand (PNY, SanDisk, Corsair, HP), test it, make sure it still works when you leave it in the console and reboot it. Make sure you can stil read data from it between reboots. If there are any issues, return it or exchange it.

I use a couple lower end HP flash drives and a SuperTalent 32GB drive. I've had no issues among my consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.