MEMORY WIPE DURING DATA TRANSFER!!!! HELP!!!!

I just got my GF a new harddrive for her early b-day gift since she was running out of room on her old one. our plan was to move her content onto a formatted flashdrive, then replace them onto the new one. Partway through, it was going just fine, but then suddenly it stopped transferring the most recent item and everything that was move to the flashdrive has a huge yellow "!" over where the icon for eash game is supposed to be. not only that, but when we tried to return them to the harddrive, they refuse to go back saying "There was a problem performing that action." I just wanted to get her stuff onto a better hard drive, NOT LOSE EVERYTHING she worked so hard to gain! i need help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry mate but there's no help to be had.  Once data is lost it is permanently lost.  For what it's worth the "copy" command should not have deleted the original data off the HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[MOD REMOVED]..........the games lost were prototype, Alice madness returns, Assassin's creed 1, 2, brotherhood and, if im right in saying this, a good chunk of Assassin's creed 3

Sorry this didn't help.

You know you can re-download them off of the download history associated with the account...

Sorry this didn't help.