Memory unit not detected

I loaded up my game (Smackdown vs. Raw 2007) and selected my memory unit from the list. The loading game save screen came up and then refreshed to the screen asking me to choose to load a storage unit. I again select my memory unit and it tells me "Memory unit was not detected, please reinsert memory unit"

My memory unit is inserted. How else could I choose it from the list if it was not? The kicker is, I take the memory unit out and a blip screen shows up at the bottom telling me the memory unit has been disconnected and to reinsert it.

This is the first time I've had this happen. Its showing up in the load storage unit list for all of my games, so its connected just fine. But for some reason it doesn't want to load. There are no corrupted files, I've checked. And my console is not banned (I've heard this can have an effect) There is no corrupted data, I checked that out. I'm at a loss for words here. The only thing I can think is maybe the connectors finally gave out? However I rarely remove my memory unit. I've probably taken it out 5-6 times in the last two years.

The memory unit I have is your standard 512mb official Microsoft MU that is licensed for use with the Microsoft 360 Console. My console version is Xbox 360 Arcade its manufacture date is Apr. 2010.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Have you tried to move all your data into a USB memory stick (with the configuration from the xbox) and then giving format to your memory stick and try to reinsert your data?

If not at least you win (at least [again]) 1.5 GB more for information (game, musica, videos, etc) space...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I moved the game data from the memory unit to the harddrive, now the harddrive is showing this error...

This is the exact error I get:

"The current storage device has been removed, please select a new storage device"

That is when selecting the harddrive...

So its either my console or the game. I'm willing to bet the damn console -_-

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I did some more google searches and come to find out its a rare bug that happens in the game itself. It basically corrupts your save data and that is why the error is showing up. Its actually a bug that is in each game of the series, was never fixed. Great, I lost four years worth of data. Thanks for the response at least :)

This topic is done.

Sorry this didn't help.

basicly i tryed to get get online with my profile on xbox live all the sudden it disappears all my items in my memory unit when it i did try to get on it says theres a problem on trying to get online then i went on the storage my memory that was named memorys of dead and instead it says memory unit when i saw that i gotten very mad.i lost EVERY PROGRESS I JUST MADE IN THIS

Sorry this didn't help.