I have the same problem with Netflix and the media remote. The only buttons that still work are the Xbox home key, and the Play/Pause key. Media remote buttons work fine navigating the Xbox menu so I know it works fine but when using Netflix I cannot FF,
rewind, skip, select, etc. This started happening after the November update. If I uninstall Netflix app and reinstall it the remote will work fine until I power off the console at night. The next day when I use power up and use Netflix the remote is back to
not working again. I use energy-save power settings.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
I have the same problem, but in my case, it is the Logitech Harmony remote that cannot control either the Netflix or YouTube apps. Apparently, it is IR based remotes that don't work. Here is what I have found out:
1. In may case, the problem applies to a Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote, but from forums, I have seen similar reports regarding other IR based remotes.
2. So far, I have observed the problem on the YouTube and Netflix apps.
3. Play, pause and directional buttons do not work.
4. The Home button works so I can get to the Home screen from these apps using the remote.
5. If I turn on the Xbox One controller, the remote appears to work as expected, but when the controller automatically turns itself off, the remote stops working.
6. I have uninstalled both apps, restarted the Xbox and reinstalled the apps. The problem remains.
There is another thread for general Netflix app problems after the update, but I have only observed the problem with the remote: