Media Remote Menu Button During DVD/Blue-Ray Playback

While playing a DVD or Blu-Ray on my Xbox One the menu key (3 lines stacked on each other) on an XB1 controller will bring up the DVD/Blu-Ray Menu. The same button on the new media remote does nothing during DVD/Blu-Ray playback. Is this a bug with the remote? Do I have a faulty remote? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Just tried my new remote this morning and exactly the same issue.  The menu button works on the Xbox home screen - so I can bring up the context menu on a selected app.  But nothing while watching a blu-ray.

As a media box the Xbox is full of disappointments and this just adds to it.  I'm seriously considering adding my PS3 back into my setup for media.

I'm going to contact support regarding the menu button issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have contacted Xbox Support via Twitter and but only had confirmation that they are investigating....

Sorry this didn't help.

According tho Xbox Support on twitter there is no way to open a DVD/Blu Ray menu during playback using the Media Remote, suggestion was to use the XB1 controller for this functionality. Which, funny enough, is exactly why I bought the media remote so that I don't have to use the XB1 controller for controlling my media.

Sounds like they are working on a solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just checked with Xbox Support on twitter and the June update which is out soon will still not provide a way to access the menu from the remote.

They also said to me to use the controller, but again that is the reason why I bought the media remote!!  Who wants to use a joypad when watching a movie??

So very disappointed in the Xbox brand at the moment.  

Sorry this didn't help.