Media Center and XBOX wont work - windows 7

HI,

I have a windows 7 pc with windows media center preinstalled. I have just followed the simple procedure to connect it with my XBOX S 250GB, it all works well going through the process. It managed to complete penulatimate check list Building Media Library, but when it comes to Connecting with eachother my XBOX then says Connection Terminated! Everytime I get to this point and no connection is then made. Which is odd because they can see eachother (otherwise it wouldnt go past the XBOX providing pin code). My PC WMC shows the XBOX 360, status: Ready to Use! When i start wmc on my XBOX, it trys to connect but then says Connection Failure, with the status on my PC then changing to: Set up but not ready! I keep running around in circles at this point!

Can anyone please help?

(Using Windows 7 PC, Kaspersky Internet Security v11.0.2.556)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

How is your console and PC each connected to the network? Do you have the latest firmware installed on your router?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

my XBOX is wireless, and so is my PC. My xbox shows it is receiving full signal strength, so is my PC

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the late response - could you try a wired connection for both and see if that helps at all? Just as a test. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this exact same issue. I am running the xbox wired and laptop wireless. I even tried wired on both and still the same issue persists. I'd really like an answer to this question. My patience is wearing thin. I've been at it for 2 days and have found zero answers online.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 2 X-Boxes connected to my server via Media Center extender.  Both are wired directly thru a switch..  1 of the X-boxes quit working today (both are under 1 year old).  It makes it thru the Windows Media Center Startup, it even shows the content within my movie/tv files, nbut after approximately 10 seconds into scrolling thru content, it freezes up completely (except for center "xbox" button).  I wonder if there was a release recently that spurred on some of these errors.

Sorry this didn't help.

My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition, My Xbox and PC are both on a wireless connection, I managed to connect the Media Center just fine, The way I did this is following the step by step instructions on connecting them together. Please double check these instructions and see if you missed a step or maybe by mistake did something wrong.

First to be on the safe side do this.

•Click Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Task, Settings.

•Select  Extender.

•Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

•Select Uninstall.

If you cant find the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender then you may not have it installed yet. After checking this step please try the following.

Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360

•Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center.

•Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.

Add Extender

•At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Tasks, Add Extender.

•When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.

•Complete the Extender setup.

This is the exact way that I have installed the media center using a Wireless connection to both systems and having Windows 7. I am however not  sure if network discovery has anything to do with this on your PC.

Sorry this didn't help.