max payne game update

bought this earlier today and when i put it in console and go to play it asks for an update (11mb) when i click to update it just sits on download screen for ages then gives an error message of 397F-0000-D080-0200-8007-174C

if i cancel the update before it starts i can play single player but cant go on live at all.

my main reason for the purchase of this game was the awesome multiplayer (not that i know yet) but i am more than annoyed that i cant get a simple download to even play it.

please advise asap.

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It sounds like you may have issues with your internet connection. Do you have any problems connecting online to any other multiplayer games or downloading anything else? What happens when you run a network connection test? It is worth you referring to this thread forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx if you still have issues. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had already cleared my cache so i just tried other games... now nothing will update...

so whats effectively happened is that i got max payne, tried to update, it wouldnt so cleared cache and now i cant play anything online.

my xbox live seems fine, im on live until i try to play something at which point it disconnects from live and fails download, as soon as i cancel and go back to main screen it connected back to xbox live until i try to play a game.

if i cancel or decline the update i can play off line.

Sorry this didn't help.

Important: Do you have a Static IP? Because a IP That changes during an update may cause the update to fail, with this router make sure that the IP that you get stays constant, a always changing IP can either disconnect you, or it can cause updates to fail.

Sorry this didn't help.

You may have a partial corrupt update on your drive. Try clearing the cache and download the update again. Or it might be just that LIVE and access to that update is a bit manic right now, if thats the case, just give it a day to settle down.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok this is strange but i've just tried another router and that is working, i will do a hard reset on first router tomorrow and try again with that as its a very expensive one.

perhaps some settings have change but really dont know.

Sorry this didn't help.

tried something else, just tried downloading from market place and it basically does the same thing, gets to about 1% and then stops all together..

HELP!!

Sorry this didn't help.