Matchmaking Service Alert/NAT type restrictions for Xbox Live?

So, suddenly I have been having trouble with my Xbox and connecting properly to LIVE. Before it said my NAT type was strict. I've since fixed that problem however it came up again. I followed the same steps I normally would to fix my NAT but it won't work correctly. To be specific, the message my Xbox displays after a connection test (those have not failed, I connect to the Internet and everything fine.) is with Matchmaking. I play a lot of matchmade games with friends and hang out in a lot of Xbox parties with them, so this is not very convenient at the time. The exact message is Matchmaking Service Alert with a yellow exclamation circle. It tells me to visit www.xbox.com/servicealerts but I haven't been able to find a solution. I would try the live support chat but I don't have the correct software for it. I have reset my NAT several times so far to Open and it doesn't seem to keep the message from popping up. I'm not quite sure what to do from here but I would love for someone who would know to please help. If you need any further info such as my router model or anything else feel free to message me or reply. Thank you! All help and useful information is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, NPD

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

I just posted the same issue right before reading this. I read that you have tried certain things to fix the NAT as you have before, but you were not too specific, so if you have tried this already sorry in advance. I would recommend Port-Forwarding your xbox 360 console. Port-forwarding is pretty confusing if you have never done it before but there are several useful guides on how to do this online, even one on here. I am guessing you may have tried this before, and if you have, then I guess we are stuck in the same boat......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I haven't tried that yet, I checked this website but it doesn't have my router listed under it portforward.com/.../XBOX360_Call_of_Duty_-_Black_Ops  

I'm not sure how else to fix this, I'll have to look and try to find something. I don't think it will make a difference for my Xbox. It's a refurbished model so I know it can't be the console itself because it has all new parts.

My router is a Linksys WRT54GSv7

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.