Matchmaking: service alert

Heya! Just got an xbox360 yesterday.
Everything is working fine except when i test the network connection i get "Matchmaking: service alert".
I can download games and use xbox live (i have not tried joining a party or chatting as i have not added any friends yet). i have opened the ports on my router, i have enabled Upnp, my router firewall is off, i have downloaded my player profile. searched everywhere, tried heaps of fixes but nothing will clear up this error!
everytime i play an online game i only get matches with 1 bar on my latency.... just cannot play like this. please help!

some people say it is a microsoft issue and others say it is a NAT issue. i am about ready to return this box and stick with PC gaming.....
my modem router is a Tompson TG782T.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

And yes i have browsed through many threads on here. still cannot get a fix to this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Having the same problems

Sorry this didn't help.

What was the reason for this service alert? Needing HELP BADLY FOR SAME ISSUE

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Hypnoticlove. This was a while ago so I hope I remembered this correctly. It seems my modem router was the issue. I returned it twice and same problem. I ended up getting a mid range Netgear modem and it fixed the problem. Can you take your xbox to a mates place and try your connection there? Or can someone lend you a different modem/router to try? Thomson modem (telstra bigpond supplied) was horrible for gaming, not sure of the newer ones... try your connection at a mates place that has a working xbox and account. At least you can eliminate if it's your modem or if it's on Microsoft's end.

Sorry this didn't help.