Matchmaking service alert when I test connection, but I can connect to XBOX live

Hey guys,

I am able to connect to XBOX Live on my 360, but I'm unplayable conditions for NBA 2k14. I get the reconnecting error every 10 seconds or so in a game, which is just enough to keep me from disconnecting and losing the game. I tested my connection on my console, and it says something about a matchmaking service alert. I'm guessing that these two things are related, but most of the posts on the forums regarding this error are for people that aren't able to connect to XBOX Live at all. Could someone describe what this means, and what should I expect from this message?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 187 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This needs to be FIXED. I get the same error with NHL 14 and COD Ghosts. It's ridiculous. I dumped my system cache and put in a static IP. Now I can play ONE game, then I have to reboot the xbox or the next game (any multiplayer) will knock me out of the game, out my party, and off of Xbox Live.

This is day 3 of this crap and as I only play online, it's beyond my comprehension how these conditions can persist.

You're not alone bud and yes it is a matchmaking networking error that I get as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Having the same problem here too. It's been going on for days now.............................

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup. Like I said - try emptying your system cache (delete it. It will recreate itself when you restart) on your Xbox, then switch to manual settings for your those three settings including your IP addy etc instead of automatic under networking.

Afterwards download your profile on your screen right before you log in. You will be prompted for your email address and your password. I was able to play 5 NHL games in a row without getting booted or having to restart my Xbox with those 3 things going.

Sloppy fix, but idk what else to do. It might not even work for good, but for now it seems ok'ish.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, Whenever i try host or join the game. It tells me the error to fix my NAT, but I checked my router, and NAT is open already, so I did the test again, and it tells me about Matchmaking : service alert but i don't get it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem??? Or is it the xboxlive updating to fix the matchmaking? Tell me if this problem fixed, and I will do that. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are some items regarding NAT issues:

forums.xbox.com/.../157383.aspx

Try that and also the steps I laid out. We all have been getting the 'Matchmaking : service alert' for days now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok this seems to work for the Matchmaking : service alert:

1. Download your profile. Hit the Xbox button to bring up the dialog window. Once  that is done you can log in with your email and password.

2. Clear your system cache:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

3. Set your IP to static:

portforward.com/.../staticip-xbox360.htm

4. Restart your 360.

I have played for hours on end in NHL14 and COD Ghosts and haven't gotten disconnected once. If it persists then try NOT being in a party while playing. This is obviously a workaround until they fix the issue. At least I can play online now without getting bumped.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi im not very good with computers but my partners 360 has the error you are talking about and is turning into the incredible hulk any help would be great. I tried on online supposed guru but got fobbed off after 2 hours

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the matchmaking service alert and I do not know how to fix this problem. For example when I ever I try to play online I imedeately lag badly enough to have the server kick me out for poor connectivity. Everything else is fine my NAT type, my connection to xbox Live, but I still have this problem. Please help.

Sorry this didn't help.

im gonna try setting a static ip

i get this problem and i think its a NAT problem

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem, I am able to log in to Xbox live but then i try to play GTA V online or even just download the update for it and it wont work and it always gives me this matchmaking service  alert. If anyone has any way of fixing this please let me know! It would be much appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.