Matchmaking in Destiny, is it ever going to happend?

Hello everyone  :)

I love Destiny  :)

I don't play PvP, Raids, Nightfalls, and level 35 Prison Of Elders.

For the modes that I do play (story, strikes, daily heroic, weekly heroic, level 28 PoE, level 32 PoE, and level 34 PoE), I find the lack of " optional " matchmaking to be EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

Here is how " optional " matchmaking would work.  You select to the mission that you want to play and the " option " to activate matchmaking appears right next to the launch mission tab.  Once activated, the game will automatically look for team mates for you like it does in strike missions and stuff.

I understand that Bungie / Activision wants Destiny to be a SOCIAL experience, but do they not understand that people don't just sit around gaming all day?  People have different schedules, so even if a player had an abundance of friends playing Destiny; playing with them can still be a challenge because of such things like...

(1)  time zone differences

(2)  everyone else is already grouped up and playing when you finally get a chance to play

(3)  people are playing other games

(4)  life stuff  -->  family, work, etc...

(5)  people aren't in the mood to play at that time that you are playing

Obviously, this issue doesn't affect those that have an established fireteam that meets on a scheduled day / time of the week.  But, what I am curious about is how many people that LIKE this game have been locked out of the " end game content " because of the lack of " optional " matchmaking?

Personally, I don't see " optional " matchmaking happening anytime soon for Destiny because Bungie / Activision has made this decision and are sticking to it.

" We want Destiny to be bonding experience in which the players form friendships with each other in regards to accessing the End Game Content ".

In other words, Bungie / Activision is essentially saying this...

" You don't have anyone else to play with due to circumstances, tough luck for you buddy because you won't have access to the best stuff in the game ".

I have a solution, why doesn't Bungie / Activision simply make an optional challenging set of SOLO missions to acquire the best stuff in the game since they absolutely refuse to add " optional " matchmaking in the game?

I'm sorry to say this, but Destiny 2 is going to be a massive failure if " optional " matchmaking isn't implemented in it.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Matchmaking has existed in "Destiny" since day 1.

Why not take your head out of the sand and play some Vanguard Strikes.

You can even restrict yourself to low level ones so that you will feel like you are really good because all the enemies will be accomodating and die for you.

Hello "Azrael008uk"  :)

You said...

"Matchmaking has existed in "Destiny" since day 1.

Why not take your head out of the sand and play some Vanguard Strikes."

I apologize for being unclear as there is indeed matchmaking for the Strike missions and level 28 Prison Of Elders.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Azrael008uk"  :)

Hello "Azrael008uk"  :)

You said...

"You can even restrict yourself to low level ones so that you will feel like you are really good because all the enemies will be accomodating and die for you."

I enjoy the "easy" modes in the games that I play, is there something wrong with that  :(

I play to have fun, not get stressed out because I am playing a challenging difficulty setting in which the chances of winning is like 75% for the opposition and 25% for me.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Azrael008uk"  :)

Hello everyone  :)

First and foremost, I would like to thank "Azrael008uk" for bringing my lack of clarity in the introductory post of this thread to my attention.  Thank you "Azrael008uk"  :)

(1)  Story Mode  =  No " optional " matchmaking

(2)  Strike Missions  =  Forced matchmaking

(3)  Daily Heroic  =  No " optional " matchmaking

(4)  Weekly Strike Mission  =  Forced matchmaking

(5)  Level 28 Prison Of Elders  =  Forced macthmaking

(6)  Level 32 Prison Of Elders  =  No " optional " matchmaking

(7)  Level 34 Prison Of Elders  =  No " optional " matchmaking

I don't play the following game modes, but I do know the following to be true

(1)  Raids  =  No " optional " matchmaking

(2)  Nightfall Strike Missions  =  No " optional " matchmaking

(3)  Level 35 Prison Of Elders  =  No " optional " matchmaking

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

Ive said it before and ill say it again - only YOU are holding yourself back in this game. They said from the outset that this was designed to be SOCIAL (ie with friends).

Lack of matchmaking is irrelevant to me, but i also hope it doesnt come as putting together a good list of people to play with has been one of the best things about destiny.

You have had plenty of offers to run the raid but you refuse to join them?

Hello "iBakez"  :)

The only modes that I care about are in the game (as it currently is) are the story, strike, daily heroic, weekly strike, 28 PoE, 32 PoE, and 34 PoE.

The only reason that I mentioned Raids, Nightfalls, and 35 PoE was to clarify that they currently don't have matchmaking on them.

Also, I place a lot of emphasis on the word " optional " for a reason  :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "iBakez"  :)

Hello everyone  :)

The reason that I don't like Raids is because of all of the " special requirements " that have to be fulfilled in these adventures.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

Lei Fang...I wouldn't bother apologizing to Azreal.  He knows what you mean; he's being deliberately obtuse.

The simple truth is, Bungie has no logical reason for not creating optional matchmaking.  It's something they should have made available from day one.  Anyone in a clan or with lots of friends simply doesn't have to use it.  Others, who don't feel like jumping through hoops on an LFG site, can give it a try with full knowledge that they will need to at least LISTEN what other players are doing in raids, or they'll have a tough time with it.

As much as I've enjoyed Destiny, and as great as TTK is looking (at least if the hype talk is accurate), there's a good chance I'll pass on it just because of the limited matchmaking options.  I suspect I'm not the only one.

Optional matchmaking for some activities wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing but there's two that I think should stay as they are.

1. Nightfall. Though NF's are not really that challenging there's still a big risk involved. One player can easily cause a team to get booted to orbit. I can see low skilled players and tons of trolls ruining the experience easily.

2. Raids. The experience you get in the raid shouldn't involve random matchmaking. I've heard horror stories of people dealing with Crota for 3 hours with people from LFG, I can see it being worse with matchmaking. Again, on top of that you would have to deal with low skilled players and trolls. There's no real commitment from a stranger so he/ she could bail at any moment.

(Side note) All PoE should be matchmaking because nobody cares about that mode anyway lol.

The usual little boys are here at it again. Behold the cancerous growth that is certain forum goers. Also Lei Feng, you are way to polite, Ive notice many time as this one where you let people walk all over you. This world is hateful and filled with people who need to be "defrag'd ". Most dont deserve the tact you give them,surely your heart desires to lay waste to rude imbecilic insects with no value on this forum or Earth ?