Massive LIVE Update

Was looking at Netflix and got booted for 15 mins due to some huge update to LIVE. Cant find any info on it. Anyone know what it may entail?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="CursedOptimus1"]Compared to other common updates it was massive cause it was about 2gigs...also, the download time is NOT typical, it depends on your internet speed...took me about 25 min.[/quote]Source? It was not anything of the like being at 2Gb.

No worries.  Was just my first thought, not sure why it would do that either, but glad I could help.  =)

(You get limited edits here)...i was referring to badmagk in my previous post so just swap my replies...not that it matters as you're both confused about a problem i never had anyway.

transform

[quote user="BADMAGIK"]

[quote user="CursedOptimus1"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="CursedOptimus1"]Compared to other common updates it was massive cause it was about 2gigs...also, the download time is NOT typical, it depends on your internet speed...took me about 25 min.[/quote]Source? It was not anything of the like being at 2Gb.

[/quote] What do you mean source?? it's right there when it notifies you it shows you how big it is before you accept it.... yours was less than 2 gigs?? then maybe i got a different one than you...I know i didn't get any of the issues that people are reporting concerning pins and notifications...maybe it was a regional  issue.

[/quote]

I got the update and guess what, it took me like 60 seconds to download it and I also have zero problems playing online. 

It's so funny to me how people get so defensive when it comes to connection. It's nevvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrr the user's fault. lol. 

[/quote]

That's because you have a high bandwidth, up until last year i was using the lowest dsl possible that would allow me to play online which was 786k (or something like that)... To download an arcade game would sometimes take me a day to a day and a half...so i was thankful when they enables the low power downloads so i can do it overnight...now i upgraded to 3mbps which is faster so my downloads take minutes to an hour or 2...sucks for streaming though.

transform

I still don't see a good reason for there not to be a notification of what changes are forthcoming. Even Windows Update provides a list of what the updates are, and allows you to choose which ones to download.

Yikes.  Hope those modders don't read wikipedia.  If they've taken a couple days off from Live, they might choose not to update now.

[quote user="Kedareturns"]then got kicked because of an update, and received a temp quit ban for it.[/quote]You must Quit a lot then. Weird but at of all the times I Quit in Halo Reach, I never got a Quit Ban.

I know they exist, I'm just saying I thought I Quit a lot but still never got a Quit Ban. You must Quit some much more than me that just one little Update that Kicked you from a Game and you got Quit Banned?!

Astonishing, imagine the odds...

From what I can tell, just more demos and the usual Tuesday update. It's odd because I'm normally on at the time and have never been booted before..

@Kedareturns Notifications were turned off, clicked them back on, thanks for the heads up. No idea why they would be messed with during the update.

I just got finished updating and haven't noticed any major changes. I'm just going to say they just added more games, demos, etc.