Mass Effect 3 May Have Multiplayer

Gear Of War Meets Mass Effect...LINK. This better now be the reason this got delayed! If they wanted to add a multiplayer mode I can't understand why not add it through DLC!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I could see it as being the reason it was delayed but not in the way you are thinking.

My main thought about the combat in the Mass Effect games has always been "not as good as Gears".

My suspicious mind says they didn't want to put Mass Effect 3 up against Gears 3; in the hope that they'll be able to pull in a few more of the shooter crowd when the hype for Gears 3 dies down.

It got delayed because the origial release date was too packed.

Think of it logicially,  Battlefield, COD, Skyrim, etc are all out at the exact same time within a week or two of each other.  They would have lost sales as people would have bought one of the FPS games over ME3.  I know I would have done.

I bloody hope they haven't put MP in it...  Future ME games, fine.  But I don't want my epic battles with the Reapers to get ruined because they decided to stick MP in and spend a little less time on the SP.

Please Lord NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mass Effect is fine as a single payer game, Please dont throw in a half assed MP which will make no sense at all.

[quote user="Boas BS5"]

Please Lord NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mass Effect is fine as a single payer game, Please dont throw in a half assed MP which will make no sense at all.

[/quote]

Yep pretty much my thoughts, another example of a publisher making decisions on what they think will make the game sell rather than pushing the game based on its own merits.

It is possible, but I don't think it will have a multiplayer mode, unless it is some sort of horde mode, from Gears 2.

They probably want to make money with the online pass

Im sure Bioware have categorically stated not long ago that ME3 will not have Multiplayer...

So I think its safe to assume there will not be any, thats not to say they arent already working on a ME game that will include multiplayer though.

Bioware also said that there would be plenty of DLC for the first Mass Effect after they released Bring Down the Sky.

Then Pinnacle Station was released, not even made by Bioware, and the line suddenly changed to "that's your lot."

I don't trust anything Bioware says until it is actually released these days.

If they are adding a MP mode they should at least try something different not just capture the flag, deathmatch ect, if its just the same as every other MP mode it wont attract many new gamers & probably annoy at lot of Mass Effect fans.

I've not followed the link as I hate spoilers, so apologies if I've missed something!

I don't see why every game needs multi-player. Single player campaign and plot is still the most important element of games for many people. It works well in some games, but others need to be left to play solo.

The only MP I would ever like to see on a ME game would be Co-op. The game is squad bassed, so it could be good.

Probably a new campaign with new characters (you can all be Shepherd, even though he/she has many faces!)