Marcus Beer has it covered.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I still don't like DR3 but that's a heck of a lot of zombies on screen

Dead Rising 3 is the main reason I couldn't bring myself to pre-order the PS4 (before DRM removal). I think all Dead Rising games leave it up to the player to find what is fun for them

I am sure DR3 will be good, but I don't see how people can say Ryse will be repetitive and boring yet not say the same about DR3.  Endlessly mowing down zombies seems a bit boring, at least to me.

I've thought the same, @Q1ller, but then again, I've never played DR3, and I supposed people could say the same for a lot of games I play.

Every game is the same, just different animations basically.

^^^

[quote user="Q1ller"]

I am sure DR3 will be good, but I don't see how people can say Ryse will be repetitive and boring yet not say the same about DR3.  Endlessly mowing down zombies seems a bit boring, at least to me.

[/quote]

Open World (DR3) > Linear (Ryse)

I think both titles offer limited replay value but I personally am I leaning towards DR3 based solely on the open world concept. The option to stray from the objective and raise hell adds a little extra spice to DR3 for me. If I get either early on I'll most likely sell them within a week before they lose value. I don't see either one keeping my attention for very long. 

As for the rest of what Beer had to say in this video, he's on point. Too much cry baby BS from both sides. Buy your console, or both, and enjoy the experience and keep your negativity to yourself.

His comments on the PS3 overheating could very well be true. My first thought when I saw the Ps3 opened up was "what the fack?". That is a whole lot of hardware packed into that small space.

[quote user="Q1ller"]

I don't see how people can say Ryse will be repetitive and boring 

[/quote]I personally think i t will take a long time to become bored of Ryse, cutting off limbs in many different fashions is gaming GOLD !!!!