Manual(s)

Is there a real manual somewhere?  Something that describes screen elements, etc.?  Like when I'm typing something in the lower left corner next to the "keyboard" there's a funny shaped thing that I don't see on the controller anywhere.  There's what appears to be an "L" in the thing but I don't see an "L" anywhere either.  Also, in the upper right corner of the screen there is sometimes a "?" on what looks like a purple square.  There are also indicators for messages, etc.  I can find no way to access any of this stuff.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm assuming this is using the on screen keyboard on your console (links didn't work for me)? If so the 'L' controls refer to LB (Left Bumper just above the analogue stick), LT (Left Trigger just behind the left bumper) and LS (Left Stick both the left and right sticks have a function where you can press them in as if they were a button).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Third lowest on the left would be Caps and toggled via Left Stick (LS). The two sticks on your controller can be pressed into the controller as if they were buttons. Press the Left Stick in and you'll change between caps and lowercase.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well.  Here goes.  Linking to pics over on Dropbox as I have no idea if Xboxes can do screenshots, there's no manual available.

Question mark in the top middle of the screen.

Icons, and another question mark, at the top right of the screen.

And the funny little "thing" in the edit box.

Sorry this didn't help.

There are 3 boxes on each side of the "keyboard" area.  The top two on both sides are the upper and lower buttons on the controler.  The 3rd/lowest on the right is the "play" button, >.  The 3rd/lowest on the lest side though I have no idea what it is.  I also presume that the ? icons are the screen should be selectable somehow.  I do not have a Kinect.  I would think that somewhere in the Dashboard there should be access to an online manual that explains this stuff.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you perhaps take a picture of the symbols/characters and post it here?

Sorry this didn't help.