Manual IP Configuration not working since latest update (keeps going back to automatic despite manual input)

Hi i'm currently in Afghanistan and I was able to login to local network fine using manual IP and manual MAC address prior to the latest update.  I HAVE to put manual IP address to match my assigned IP and gateways, DNS, etc... when update was installed it reset all my MAC settings and IP settings.  Now when I try to put them in manually it keeps reverting to automatic and assigns me some foreign IP address outside of the local base network.  It changes the IP and the subnet mask but leaves everything else I input the same... without the correct subnet mask and my assigned IP I cant login.  Then when troubleshooting it says "Cant assign automatic IP address" and i'm yelling in my head sayind "DUH, that's why I keep trying to put it manually in"  The update essentially broke my ability to logon and play digital games I have and I would do anything to reset back to last O/S version...  No matter what I do it keeps assigning me some IP address I didn't input manually... this sucks...  Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:
Answer

Have you tried to connect through your laptop

support.xbox.com/.../connect-live-using-pc

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.