Managing payment

So I have been trying to remove my payment option from my account. I used an american express gift card to sign up for 2 months of gold. When those months came to an end, for some reason my Live (Gold) it renewed  itself. I don't want to be banned or suspended as this has happened to a friend of mine and he is now suspended from Xbox Live. I have tried removing my payment option but it says it is currently in use even though there is no money on it. Please Help Me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

To add on to what ODST has said, if there is a payment amount that is due and Xbox has not received payment on it as of yet then you would need to pay that off first and then you can go about removing the card. Give Xbox Support a call and clear up that payment (800) 469-9269. PayPal in my opinion is a very secure payment option to use, however if you are worried about it, I would suggest using Prepaid cards. They cost the same amount as you would on Xbox, sometimes cheaper if retail store have a sale and you don't need any personal information to use them. Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried removing it on both the console and Xbox.com, though I'm not sure if its on auto renewal so I'll check that also does having a PayPal account have any risks because I don't have one and I have never used one, thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe you have to have at least one payment option on your account, that way if you make a transaction on your account or have auto renew for gold, it will be able to charge you. (I know, dumb right?)

My question is: Did you try removing it from the console itself? Or from Xbox.com? If you haven't tried removing it from Xbox.com then I would do that first. You can get to it by going to the top of the page, then click on "My Account". From there, in the grey box there's in option to change your credit card info (There's also an option to turn on/off automatic renewal, I would suggest turning that off if you don't want that), click on the CC info change link then you'll be redirected to where you can remove it. After changing your account's automatic renewal to "Off", try removing it now. Another suggestion I would make is if you have a paypal account you can also add it to the list here so that you don't have to use the Prepaid card.

Hopefully this helps! =D

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, like the others have said you need to call XBOX Support about the payment to get the information why it cant be removed and what needs to be done to remove it.

Information about managing the payment options:

support.xbox.com/.../remove-xbox-live-payment-option

Phone Support (should give the link for your region):  support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.