Managing my subscription.......

I have been paying a monthly subscription for gold membership but now i have been bought a years subscription, which im assuming has a redemption code (its at home, not looked at it yet!)...........

........Do i need to cancel my monthly subcription manually or will it cancel it automatically when i have reedemed this year code on my xbox?

I have tried to turn the automatic renewal off but i have then been led to the miscrosoft security update thing and cant access the email address that its sending the code too. I have changed the email address but it wont swap the info (something like this) until the 28th of jan i believe, so how am i suppoused cancel the monthly subscription in the meantime?!?

Any help would be appreciated, its driving me crazy!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You have to wait until your current subscription runs out before you can activate the Xbox Live code. If you want to cancel your current subscription you need to contact Xbox Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there.

When you get home, your XBL 12 month card with have a scratch off redeem code.
You can enter the code either on the site or through the console. (press the guide, scroll left and select "Redeem Code" at the bottom.

The card will add on to whatever existing time you have left on your membership.
If you redeem the code today and it says your account expires 1-20-2013, your new expiration date will 1-20-2014.

You don't have to wait for your current membership to expire before you renew it and you can also redeem up to 3 years at once.

When you redeem this code, you will no longer be charged the monthly fee...but if you don't redeem a new code by next year, your card will be charged the yearly fee of XBL instead of the monthly fee.

Since you can't do it from this site, you can also edit your Account Settings on  your console and then turn the auto renewal off.

Once you change it to off via the console, you should check the site to see if it changed here too. If not, give it a day or 2. If it still shows Auto Renew as On, on both the console and site, you will have to call the the Billing Agents ( 1-800-4MY-XBOX ) so they can set it to Off.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.