Managing Family accounts and games

Hi,

I currently have an xbox gold family account.   All the arcade games have been purchased under my gamertag as it was the one linked to the credit card and I didn't want the kids purchasing games without permission first.

I am now considering buying a second xbox which will be connected into the home network.  I was recently advised though by a friend that the games can not be split up between the two consoles and that only the console with my gamertag will have access to the purchased downloaded games?  Is this right?  As this is a family account, wouldn't there be a way I could split these games up over two consoles on the same network?   The games would still only be linked to only one console.

If we buy the games on CD, it's simple as we just use the CD in whichever xbox console the person is playing on.   Shouldn't this be the same with download games?  As long as only one copy is on any of the consoles and it's the only copy in use within the household network, the license we purchased is valid.

I tried looking around to find a way to manage game licenses but couldn't find anything.

Regards
Dom

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry but the Lic still work the same as though you were not on a Family plan.

If GT A purchases the game/movie/music on Console A.

Then GT B can not play it on Console B - But is able to play it on Console A.

For more on Family wuestions please see the FAQ www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.