Managing Account Settings

I was just recently kicked off Xbox Live and it said that my Gold ran out, so I went online to check my billing information. When I did; I was presented with a window that says, "Help us protect your account." and it also wants me to enter a security code to verify. However the email it gives is not my email. In fact, the email account didn't even exist until I made it. After I made the new account I also clicked "Send me another code" however that code has yet to show up in my email inbox. What else is weird is that I was able to sign back into Xbox Live with no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It is probably some technical difficulties. I can't help you in any information right now but I wouldn't worry I'm currently experiencing my own problems with mine, but I'm sure some else can help you and if it makes you feel a little better you should make sure your entire account is linked to the way you want it and check here: This one is for Wifi or wireless connection because you probably had problems with your modem. Hope this helps and have a great time on your 360. support.xbox.com/.../wireless

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="andyhonig"]

I was just recently kicked off Xbox Live and it said that my Gold ran out, so I went online to check my billing information. When I did; I was presented with a window that says, "Help us protect your account." and it also wants me to enter a security code to verify. However the email it gives is not my email. In fact, the email account didn't even exist until I made it. After I made the new account I also clicked "Send me another code" however that code has yet to show up in my email inbox. What else is weird is that I was able to sign back into Xbox Live with no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]What happened is one of your account security proofs had a confirmation e-mail sent to it, to prove that it's you accessing your account and not someone else. To change the e-mail it sends a code to, please refer to here.

Your account still appears to be Gold here on xbox.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.