Making a backup from your game save file??

Hey guys. I hope this thread is in the right section.

I'm having some trouble with the game Darksiders II. Which cannot be resolved what so ever. (game break bug..) 

SO, I restarted the game. blah blah. But what I want to accomplish is making a back-up file of my savegame from Darksiders II. Just incase It screws up again, I can just re-load from the point It didn't screw.  (Considering the game automatically saves at points, it's hard to avoid game break-bugs again) THUS I'd really like to make a backup on my USB so I can use it just incase something happens.

there is no way to save the game on another empty save file.I tried..

First of all, is it actually..yeah..legal to do so? - Making a backup file from your game.

Second, if so, I'd like to know how to transfer a save file to USB, and then transfer it back to use the file when something happened.

Or would you suggest another way to do it than saving it on USB? Please help me out. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

hey there this is and should be simple for you to do and I will explain how to do so.

1. please go to your dashboard and scroll all the way to the right to locate your settings tab.

2. choose system.

3. choose storage.

4. choose storage device your darksiders save is currently on.

5. choose games and apps then scroll through and locate the game in question.

6. select game.

7. look for the games save file and make sure to locate one that is either an auto save file or a certain level stated that the save is under example. last safehouse, death mountain, or you can choose all of them,

8. choose the file you want and select it this will bring up a menu with 3 choices, copy move delete.

9.choose copy file "copy all files if you want.

10. insert usb memory stick into your xbox

now go back and choose the file you just copied  and select it for the little menu with copy move delete and select move. this will allow you then to choose the usb memory stick and once you have moved the files over to the stick they will be safely on that usb until you are ready to move them back.

if you have any other questions on this process please let me know and I will further help you if not best of luck -Listed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you much for the explanation. I will put it to a try right when i'm home.

One more thing though I'd like to add,

After I copy the USB save file(s) back onto my console, will the game recognize it as a save file that I can select?

Sorry this didn't help.

you can do this without copying the file I just suggest to copy it before moving it for safety reasons, and yes for thorough ness it would be like if you moved the file to the usb and started the game it would have no save files, Then once you put your usb back in and accessed the usb via the storage area and selected the file and moved it back to your hdd and started your game it would then show a save file and you could continue from where ever you left off.

:)  hope this fully answers any questions you have and if you have any more just let me know i will be glad to help you further if needed

Sorry this didn't help.

oh also you technically don't need to move the file back to your hdd but then you would always need that memory stick inserted into your box while wanting to play the game in question and accessing that save file, just when selecting a storage device you would need to choose the memory stick instead of the hdd

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I was thinking of Copying the file to USB without moving it all, of course. Considering it's just a back up.

also, you mean you can play the game with just the USB (that contains the file) inserted in your xbox?

Even so, I would just move that file back to my console without playing on USB..

Sorry this didn't help.

yes exactly, so feel free to do that to make your back up and I hope you never need to use your back up.

best of luck and if you need anything else either let me know or make a new post and someone will promptly assist you.. :) -Listed

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again for your info. Highly appreciated.

I'll post here if I have further more questions about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad I could help you Spyxer its what I enjoy most is assisting people. I will make sure to check back on this thread for the next couple of days just incase you run into any issues and do post again. good luck and happy gaming   -Listed

Sorry this didn't help.