Madden on Xbox One is PATHETIC

As a diehard football fan, I had to buy Madden for X1. Madden 13 on 360 wasn't terrible last year on 360, so I figured it probably would only be improved this year for next gen. WRONG. This is the most unrealistic sports game I have ever played in my life. Here's some of the things in seeing that need to be greatly improved in this game. BTW, I play on All-pro. I talked to someone who plays on pro, and they said they same things were happening, just not as frequently.

• Passing. Anytime you press a button to throw a pass to a receiver, as soon as your quarterback even starts to wind up to throw the ball, every defensive back (defensive players covering receivers) full out sprint to where you are throwing the ball. This is horribly unrealistic because in real life, the cornerbacks who are covering receivers almost always have their back turned to the QB, keeping all attention on the receiver. The safety has their eyes on the QB, but they still shouldn't be sprinting to where the ball will be thrown before it is even thrown! This is creating many problems:
  • Interceptions: There are way too many, partly because of the ball hawk issue I just talked about above. But it is also because the players seem to be geniuses with 5 foot verticals. If I'm throwing a pass 15 yards downfield, a lot of times the linebacker or whoever happens to be 5 yards downfield will just leap up 5 feet in the air and intercept it. They go from covering a player on my team, to completely spinning around, knowing where the ball is and leaping and catching it, all in .333 seconds. Terribly unrealistic. Also, defensive backs constantly outjump and outplay the receivers. Even if you throw to a receiver that is being single covered, if the defensive back is anywhere near, they will always either break up the play or pick it off. Every single time, and the receiver will never fight for the ball.
  • Controlling your player: Whenever you are running with the ball, it is soooo hard to control where the h*ll you are going. As a runningback, if you are trying to run through a hole it is near impossible because if you make one small shift left or right, your player completely stops and does this whole cutting motion bullsh*t. In fact, anytime you try to change directions quickly, your player like completely stops to make this slowmo cutting motion to change directions. NCAA Football 14 was awesome with this, but this game is garbage when it comes to controlling your players. Also, running the ball between the tackles is extremely annoying because not only is it hard to go through the holes, when you do go through them, defensive players ALWAYS come off their blocks to tackle you. No matter what, when you run by they WILL get off their blocks. U n r e a l i s t i c. Can't say it enough.
  • Receivers. Recivers CONSTANTLY drop the ball. Like every third pass! Part of this is because every hit in this game is like a jawbreaking, bone crushing hit stick hit. But they even drop wide open passes. And when you throw the ball to receivers running towards the sidelines, they almost never stay in bounds. I'll throw the ball to a receiver doing an out route, he will catch it 5 yards away from the sideline, and since you can't control the players right after they catch the ball, the receiver will continue sprinting like a moron so that they do not get both feet in, resulting in an incomplete pass. U n r e a l i s t i c.
  • The "infinity engine".  I throw a pass to my 250 pound tight end, start sprinting, and here comes a defensive back so I go to truck him and BOOM, I get completely leveled as my 250 pound tight end, who was running full speed ahead, tries to truck a 190 pound defensive back and gets smashed to the ground. So realistic!!!
  • There are more things that I am forgetting. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That's EA's fault and it's like this on all platforms. It's just a crappy game.

Yup, and it's too bad. Sports games on X1 are a joke. Even more so when baseball season rolls around and there won't even be a baseball game for X1. Unreal.

Need to give feedback to the game developers?? You have some good info/ideas in here.....make sure it gets to EA...

Stop wasting your money on Madden... EA sports is terrible and because of people like you, they keep releasing trash.

Takes time to adjust Rhymes. I too was all over the place and overwhelmed by the inability to control my rb and players period. Defense was fast and almost felt as if it has some ai help online. Gamers online are exactly at the spot and cut you make or move to. Interceptions are a joke as always in Madden and when you play D the ball bounces off your chest and hands. It is almost useless this year to get a user interception. All AI and luck.

After a month of Madden on the One and long searches for matches I am adjusted to the speed and gameplay. Once again I k ow how you feel Rhymes, just give it time.

Madden on any console is terrible, stop supporting EA sports... Please!!!

Sliders are your friend.  The default game with default sliders is an arcade game.  If you want more of a sim game, you have to put a lot time in to finding out where your strengths lie compared to the AI and adjust the sliders accordingly.  That is what they are there for.  With good tuning, you can get a pretty good game.  They physics and AI will never be perfect, but you can still get a good game.

I recommend heading over to Operation Sports Madden forums and reading some posts there.  There are some outstanding players and advice there.

Lol sounds to me like you need some practice.

@stoyvensen I'm really not sure what you are trying to get out of that comment .. I've won every game of madden I've played so far, just letting people know about the game and sharing my thoughts. I've played football for 10 years and I've watched and "studied" it, you could say, for even longer. I know football. I know what to expect, and in certain areas this game fails. Leave it to a punk like you to comment some smart a** remark about a video game. Have YOU ever played sports in real life bud? Or are you a gaming athlete???

And yeah I hate to support EA but I wanted a football game and this is the only one obviously. And yes, I adjust the sliders all the time,  definitely helps, but doesn't do the trick completely.