M$ dropping points system

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/23/rumor-microsoft-dropping-microsoft-points-system.aspx

This will be good news if they get rid of auto renewal or at least let you cancel your card online.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can cancel auto renewal online anyway can't you?

Yes you can as ive just done it !

They stopped people doing it for a while you had to ring up customer service, didn't know it was back.

I don't mind the idea of a point system because at least you don't have to tie a card to Microsoft, but I would like to see a more logical way of what the points are worth, i.e 100 points = £1.

Quite how that would work internationally I don't know.

Hmm, i can foresee many upset peoples, who have the odd 10-90 points left on their account, that won't be able to spend them....

-

My MSPoints balance ends in a 70 for example.

-

Also, how would the XboxRewards system work then?

[quote user="Piztup"]

Hmm, i can foresee many upset peoples, who have the odd 10-90 points left on their account, that won't be able to spend them....

-

My MSPoints balance ends in a 70 for example.

-

Also, how would the XboxRewards system work then?

[/quote]

Think yourself lucky, mine ends in 15. I'll never be able to spend them!

The points system is a bit archaic anyway. I can't understand why Sony and MS make it so awkward to add funds to your digital wallet. The only advantage is that you might come across a good deal on points, but that rarely happens.

[quote user="Piztup"]Also, how would the XboxRewards system work then?[/quote]

Im sure I read somewhere that it ends sometime this year, or that maybe just the survey.

To be honest due to all the security issues over the past year or so, I don't want to put a credit card onto the account just to purchase something then remove it straight after. I prefer using the pre-paid cards for subscription & points.

Will be intresting to see what happens though.

There's always PayPal if people don't wanna add a card....

You should still be able to buy pre-paid cards even if they do use actual currency values.

-

There are various values of pre-paid card available for the PS3 after all.