LT/RT & LB/RB controls for games are counterintuitive for me

I recently bought a 360 & I can't get used to using RT as the primary "trigger" button. To me, RB would make more sense since it's where my index finger is instead of using my middle finger on RT. I like that Xbox gets DLC first, the Kinect & their exclusive games, but I can't get past this issue so I tend to buy most of the games for a different console. It seems like such an easy fix for devs to have more customizable controls for their games. I tweeted @xboxSupport & they said to post my suggestion here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I just use my index finger for both RB and RT as it`s very, very rare that you actually need to operate both at once.

[quote user="xPARTNURx"]To me, RB would make more sense since it's where my index finger is instead of using my middle finger on RT.[/quote]Your fingers are wrong.[quote]It seems like such an easy fix for devs to have more customizable controls for their games.[/quote]It probably isn't that simple. You may wish to consider a Razer Onza. They have multi-function buttons that sit above the bumpers and can be configured to function as RT and LT.[quote]I tweeted @xboxSupport & they said to post my suggestion here.[/quote]I doubt in this specific forum. There's an entire Feedback Forum subsection.

I do the same as paraffin alien. You get used to it after awhile. I went to my friends and played on his PS3 and for the first 30 minutes it was the weirdest feeling ever and felt alien but after that I got used to it. I'm sure just practicing and getting used to it would be much easier than requesting for Devs to make new button layouts. Most already have a bunch in there. You should see if any of the layouts fit your need. If not then just get used to it.