Love film..... A bit disappointing..

Ok I know it is new and it has to start somewhere but where re the newer films??

I cna honestly say the films currently being shown are pretty bad, late 80's, 90's and 200+ B movies... A few good ones like Angels & Demons but realistically speaking most the good ones you own on DVD anyway...

Anybody else finding this to be the case or do I just have a bitter view of it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wouldn't get any streaming package, they aren't worth it. I do like there rental service though, I enjoyed getting 2 games a month for £6 back in the day. Should sign up again soon.

Well I find it a great added service and its getting better all the time film wise there's tons of movies ok not all the top actors producers yes thers some dire ones out there that u might not like but others do I like watching all kinds of movies and this serves me well and there is some hidden gems in there.maybe its not for you but as I have the full package its a nice Bonus

I think its because in the UK Sky get all the streaming rights and broadcast rights to all new films first. As well as the fact that Lovefilm and Univeral dont have an agreement to allow them to stream movies so we dont get those

[quote user="Wubberduckzilla"]

Ok I know it is new and it has to start somewhere but where re the newer films??

I cna honestly say the films currently being shown are pretty bad, late 80's, 90's and 200+ B movies... A few good ones like Angels & Demons but realistically speaking most the good ones you own on DVD anyway...

Anybody else finding this to be the case or do I just have a bitter view of it?

[/quote]+1

It's not the best but I've seen some gooduns on there (red,unknown. Etc)

The online Streaming isn't great but when you rent games/movies to be sent to you, they are much better and more choice. Netflix is much better in my opinion on the streaming side.

It isn't the companies fault, it is the other competition that is buying and using the rights, film rental stores- such as Blockbusters, TV Companies- such as SKY. They can't bring out the latest stuff though as people wouldn't bother with the Cinema or other sources as soon as film get released if it is cheaper and easier to view from your house and film companies and movie stars would loose out. They also have to be careful as they come out in certain countries before others.

Its free and works well, so I'm ok with what they offer.

Its free for 1 month then its £5

dont think microsoft/xbox will let them as they rent movies for microsoft points they would lose out if the likes of lovefilm or netflix had the latest movies just my opinion

Not sure any film which has Ewan McGregor as a helicopter piloting pope can be called "good" - but obviously that's a matter of opinion I suppose and your entited to your own. But you could have picked out an Oscar winner in the form of "Hurt Locker" or "the Dark Knight" for Pete's sake. :)

Anyhooo, I'm sure as time passes more content will be available - it's only been out for a couple of months, and patience is a virtue!