Lost xbox live account

I cannot log into my account on the xbox360. I have changed my password and can log into my account on a PC and the xbox one, however  it says I have the wrong password on the 360. I tried to clear the cashe and delete profile and re-download it. Now I can't download it back to the 360 and have nothing to log into.  I did recently set up the Microsoft 2 step verification and that's when the issue stated although I'm nott sure if that's the reason why. Can I get rid of the 2 step verification? It is a bother anyway. Any help would be appreciated   Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Hello BCHAMP12,

Since you have stated that you have 2 step verification turned on, that could be the root cause of your issue; you will need to access http://login.live.com.

1). Login to your account.

2). Go to Password and security info, select Edit security info. If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.

3). Now you will need to go to App passwords, select Create a new app password. An app password will be created and should appear on the page.

4). You will need to sign in on the Xbox 360 with the app password that you have created on the website.

Alternatively, you can turn off 2 step verification by clicking the link that I have provided and logging in. On Security Info, you should see a link underneath of 2 Step Verification where you can turn it off.

Hope this helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.