Lost, very old Windows LIVE account

Hello

Long time ago I had to create an account in Games for Windows LIVE to play some games. Since I have no XBox console, I haven't logged in it in a while and I forgot about that account. The thing is, email address it was registered to no longer exists, so I can't reset my password. Now, I can't play my games because they are still assigned to that old account. How can I find that account and merge it with a new one?
Some games were bought in a box (i.e. Gears of War), some via Steam (like DiRT 2). I have all serial codes, so I can proove that account belongs to me.

Thank you 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You wont be able to merge them. They are completely separate accounts. The best you will be able to do is reset the password, which you can try to do even without the email. When you reset the password there is an option that says "I cant use any of these" if you click on that it will have you fill out a form asking for information about the account. Fill that out twice, if you can't reset the password that way you can contact support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and have them send it to a care advocacy team to try to manually reset your password.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When I choose "I forgot my password" in Games for Windows Marketplace, it opens up a web browser with link accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf which does not respond. Password reset from http://live.xbox.com/ has only one option - reset via email.

Making a phone call to Microsoft is not a good idea in my case. I don't live in the United States.

Sorry this didn't help.

If its Canada than you should still be able to call the toll free number. If it's outside of there then there should be a local number to call.

Try going to account.live.com to reset your password there. Just click on the link that says "cant access your account:"

Sorry this didn't help.

It's Poland, so faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from US and Canada :D

I just talked with very nice person on Microsoft chat and she guided me through the process. It turns out there is an option "I can't use any of these" *after* you type the email address. Your answer was very helpful. Thank you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, Microsoft turned me down. It's because this form is intended for email accounts, not Games for Windows Live. I was unable to answer most of the questions as I wasn't using this account for email. So, not only I can't play my games online, but also I cannot re-buy those bought on Steam, because I already have them. Everything because I lost access to my very old email account :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, KumashiroKaito 

We appreciate the updates on this situation & we still have some hope that there's a team who can help.  We'd recommend starting in the Games for Windows Live forum, which is where all the experts in this field hang out.  They'll have the best info available & should be able to at least point you in the right direction. Let us know what they say when you have a chance to post there, we'll be here for any further questions.  

Sorry this didn't help.