Lost save game after console froze?

Hi

I was playing a game I downloaded from the Xbox Live store when the console froze at the point where the save icon was on the screen. It didn't come back to life (even when pressing the guide button etc) so I was left with no option but to just turn off the console (as far as I'm aware anyway.)

On turning the console back on and loading the game, I've lost the save file.

Is there anyway to recover this?

And should I perform any sort of maintenance on the console due to this issue? (will this cause further problems down the line if left?)

It's an xbox 360 not sure of the specific model.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hola ClawdiusMcClaw ! Unfortunatedly, there is no way to recover your last save unless you have another save as a backup , like a USB etc . I recommned you to save often ; if the game only allows you to have one save then try to make a save in another device (USB, Cloud or HDD).  

About sort of maintenance you can clear the cache here you can read  the instructions  : support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I don't think there is a way to get it back either.  But in the future, you can set up 'could saves' and copy your file over there.  It will re sync online every time you turn your console off.  So if it happens again, you would only lose one days loss of work.  Good Luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.