Lost profile

Hey,

I lost my profile...I got my Xbox about a year ago and set up an Xbox Live (Silver) account, the one where you don't pay. Everything was perfect until about 2 months ago I got an update and after it asked me to sign on using my username and password. I typed in the email I thought I used (our personal one, we own a business) and it said some error code about not being the right email. I got frustrated and left it alone until now.

Now I don't remember if I then went on computer and created a new account with our business email, but I did try using that email and I at least got to the enter password stage, but I couldn't remember the password. I went on computer and changed it and typed it into Xbox and got error code of wrong password. Did research and did the "clear catche" thing then re-entered password. That didn't work. Then I read somewhere to delete then redownload my profile. So I deleted profile only with no success, error saying wrong password, try entering different or if you set up two-step verification use them digits as a password. I tried clearing the catche again, did it three times over and over and tried a new two-step password and this time it worked! The problem I have tho is that it is not my profile name, it is some random one I have never heard of with no acheivements.

I have nephews that play on my counsel all the time, and I am wondering If they could have deleted my email address username? I do not see why I would have used my business email for Xbox unless the email my wife and me share did not work.

I hope I explained things enough, I tend to over-explain the little things and miss the big things...

Thanks for your help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey EndingGuide33,

I suggest that you contact Phone Support about this. They will be able to look into your account and further assist you with this issue.

If you have any questions, please let us know =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.