Lost profile - 80070571 message

I fired up the Xbox today and my on-line profile has disappeared.  It cannot be deleted; it simply isn't there.  I checked my game save data which seems uaffected other than it says that it belongs to a corrupted profile.  Not surprising since my profile doesn't exist on the hard drive.  I am using a wired connection through Cableone.  After receiving the message that profiles cannot be downloaded followed by the number 80070571 I tried it on my other box and it worked fine.

Question:  I own three Xbox live profiles, two for my sons and my own.  Why can I access the profile from one console but not the other when they are connected to the same modem via a 4-port switch?

Concern:  Is this a hack like the one PSN experienced a while back?  If I recall it took Sony a few days to let everyone know that they had been hacked and lost subscriber's sensitive info.  Can't honestly say I would expect anything different from Microsoft.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It could have been on a USB, make sure it's fully in, also make sure your hard drive is fully in!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.