lost parental four digit passcode, how may I recover ????

My kids lost the parental passcode and forgot the answer to the question what is your favorite fictional character.

How can I restart a new xbox to factory settings???

Any suggestions would help this infruiated parent.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

The only way to recover your passcode is by answering the security question that was offered when you set it up. I'm also curious as to why you would be utilizing the parental passcode if you were planning on giving it to your children to use?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ah, I see. Well, the next step here is to call up phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and they should be able to help you reset it by providing you a unique code to enter. You will have to prove ownership of the Parent Account.

Sorry this didn't help.

My kidz won a xbox at BW3's. I asked them to wait to setup until I bought new tv for basement. They did not. Set it up and they pushed in some code. A month goes by, I put a 50" plasma in the basement, buy a Halo game and the console won't play it because a parental code has been entered and no one remembers the code or the answer to your favorite fictional character. Drove me insane. I am on my eighth call to xbox and will just create a repair job and mail it in and let them return it to factory settings or whatever. My kidz are teenagers. We have never used it. Any suggestions other than mailing it back ??? Thanks, Matt

Sorry this didn't help.