Lost my xbox live account

Recently i got a new xbox, so I tried to transfer over the account but i forgot the account password. the email made with the account is now inactive( it was a comcast email, but I now have uverse, so the account was cancelled) Since i couldn't remember the password i took a thumb drive and downloaded the account over to the new xbox using that. when i got onto the account on the new xbox it asked me for the account email and password, and after a while I finally remembered the password and when i got into the account it brought up a window that says microsoft thinks some one else is using my account, but really it was me bringing over the account to the new xbox, so when microsoft saw that there was an account on two different xbox's they assumed this. to fix this they told me that i needed to verify that it was me transfering the account which involves me using the inactive email that I mentioned earlier. I then tried changing the email, but couldn't because it would haev to be a microsoft email for me to have it changed, so now i have no idea what to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Visit account.live.com/.../reset and click "I forgot my password", then "Reset your password". Enter the email address associated with your Microsoft Account and solve the word puzzle. Click "I can't use any of these options" and solve the questionnaire, which is designed to prove your identity.

Remember, it's best to not use an email address from Comcast (or any other Internet service provider), create a Gmail or Hotmail account that won't change when your Internet connection does.

Contact me on Twitter: @DavBlayn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.