Lost my sound setting on my A/V recevier says "Not Used"

I have my DIRECTV HDMI out plugged into the Xbox One then Xbox HDMI out to a Sony A/V receiver and then HDMI out from receiver to my TV.

The thing is now I can not control my audio setting with my A/V receiver. The Sony STR-DG720 receiver has all kinds of different setting for movies, music and games and different sound settings like concert and stereo and different things like that.

The problem is now with Xbox one I try to change the settings on the A/V receiver and the receiver says those settings are "Not used". Regardless if I'm playing Xbox or witching TV. So basically I can not control how my stereo sounds. It seems the xbox one is over riding this. So everything sounds the same when I want movies to sound one way music another and Xbox games yet another way. Just like I could do with my 360 simply be plugged into the A/V receiver.

So is anyone else also having this problem or maybe know a way to fix it besides not running Directv through the xbox?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can go into tv setting on xbox and tell it to sync with amp, you put details of amp in make , model then it says pared,  try this

I did do that. all that did was give me the availably to tell kinect to turn volume up and down on the receiver.