Lost Internal Storage on 4gb XBox 360. Unable to reformat.

Did not see a similar issue while searching the forms.

Out of nowhere the internal storage on my Xbox 360 shows up as unformated.  Well, I assume that everything on there is lost and attempt to format.  However, it does not appear to format.  The format screen comes up and then it returns to the listing of the storage devices with the internal storage showing unformated again.  There is no error or abort message.  Is this a permanent hardware failure?  The console seems to operate normally and I retained any saved data stored on an external flash drive.  How will any updates be handled without internal storage?  Should I be shopping for a hard drive, which will probably cost less then a repair? 

Thank you

Alex

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Having the same issue! Have you fixed the issue, if so please let me know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't believe there is a do it yourself fixing of this issue.  Memory is corrupted and Microsoft wants $100 to have the memory reformatted or do whatever they would do.  It is almost certain to happen again sooner or later.  This is essentially temporary memory sold as permanent storage.  I am using a 16gig flash drive and if I need more space I'll use another 16gig flash drive and if I need more, I will buy a hard drive.  All of the above options are far cheaper than 4gigs of temporary storage.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a similar problem but i have tried to use a Seagate backup drive connector to connect my 250 GB HDD to his Xbox, when i plugged it to his Xbox apparently their was no memory ?

After- when I put the HDD back in my Xbox it also said that their was no memory ? Why ?

Can you help

?

Sorry this didn't help.