Lost Gamertag?

I think I have a unique problem here. If this has been resolved I would be very grateful if directed to the proper answer.

I currently have 2 gamertags, one associated to a WLID, one to a Gmail account. The WLID was created first, and then the Gmail, but they ARE separate accounts. I did not intentionally link them in any way. However, I cannot access the account created with the Gmail address. I know it still exists; because I still get email from XBOX Live regarding my account. But the XBOX Live website and the XBOX itself ONLY allow me to sign on with a WLID, which this is not. If they have been linked by Microsoft, how do I unlink them?

Frankly speaking, I do not care about the WLID account, the Gmail account is (or was) the one I use to play with. But I can only access the WLID account from any direction, and there is no location on the website to log in with Gmail. Is this something I'm going to need to call customer support over?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm confused, if they are unrelated, why are you referring to your other account here?

Do you not remember the gmail account or password? When you created this LIVE account, that gmail account became the WLID for the account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's one of the reasons that I'm confused. They were both the same lettering, but one was an @gmail.com address, and the other @live.com. If the @gmail became my WLID, then they're both technically on the same address, but there's one I can't access. I suppose it's worth a call to Customer Support to sort out, I just thought there might be an easier answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

What are both on what address? I think you need to start over and just be as clear as possible. Don't include any extra information, just tell me what you want to do with your account.

Sorry this didn't help.