Lost gamertag, friends and gold membership associated with my email. Hacked?

I have been an Xbox live account holder since 2010, but always played on other peoples systems. Last november I bought my own Xbox and with it, a 1 year gold membership. I don't have time to play games often, and the last time I logged in and played my account was 4-6 weeks ago. My boyfriend just bought a new Xbox and tonight I went to download my profile to his console. When I did, first my password was not what I had thought it to be, so I reset it. No big deal.. But then I come to find out that my gamertag (rydinhood) is now washiestwings14, all my friends are gone from my profile, and my gold membership is gone. I did a gamertag search and my tag still exists.. Everything was fine the last time I logged in 4-6 weeks ago to play games online. Can someone tell me what the hell happened to my account and how all of this can be reversed? My bf wants me to start a whole new account and gold membership but I'd rather not spend the $60 considering I still have 6 months left of the one I bought in November. Help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have you call support about this issue yet?

If not I'd suggest you do that before anything else. If you call them they can pass security on the account and provide you with the correct Windows Live ID(Email you use to log in) and in turn hopefully you'll be able to reset the password and recover your account!

More than likely what has happened here is you are using a diffierent Windows Live ID than is actually on the correct account.

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.