Loss of access to viewing External Storage

Has anyone else lost the ability to copy or move game data from the console internal storage to an external drive? I have been using a 1TB desktop drive inside a USB 3.0 external drive enclosure. It was work just fine until a couple of days ago. Now all I can do is view the internal drive contents and the entire system contents but not the contents of the external drive alone. I cannot copy or move date data. I can only install or uninstall games.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Okay, it seems that after I posted this, I tried turning on the external drive AFTER turning on the system rather than turning on the drive first. This seems to have solved the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is your external drive powered by an outside source?  I know that people in the Preview Program have lost access to their external drives (I am one of those affected by this).  The drive works, but it is not visible/accessible on the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is powered by an external power adapter but it is possible that the electronics of a drive enclosure may be either slightly or significantly different from a manufactured external drive.

Sorry this didn't help.