Losing saved game data

anyone else having problems with constantly losing check points on Xbox one and having to start the game again from 5 or 6 saves previou. 

Thanks chris 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey Chris,

Yeah I'm having the same issues mate. I lost my Borderlands 2 save, Dark Souls 2 save (which I've nearly beaten the game, Forza Horizon 2 save and other saves that I've lost. I am so frustrated in the moment that I've lost pretty much everything!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We've only had our Xbox for 6 days and in that time have already lost all saved game data for Lego Marvel (twice), Forza 6 and Terarria. Is this a common problem for the Xbox? I'm struggling to find any further info. We've also experienced a number of game crashes in that same time frame but the times of the crashes don't correlate with saved game data loss.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your XBox One always connected to the internet when you are gaming? XBox One stores your saves in the cloud and if you are not connected to XBox Live you will lose progress that way since your last local synched save (which may not be up to date with the cloud save) on your XBox One will only be available.

Sorry this didn't help.

My XBox One is always connected to the internet.  My Borderlands 2 game will not save properly.  I make sure to save the game, go back to the First screen of the game, then go to the XBox One Home page, with the game as the largest tile, I select Menu, then Quit.  I remain connected but my game does not save to the Cloud.  Until this is fixed, I'm going back to playing Borderlands 2 on my XBox 360.  At least there, I know I'll have my saved game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have to chime in.  We started our new Xbox One a couple of days after Christmas.  Sat through the system updates and new game updates, which were very slow (1/2 hour - 1 hour).  We have a great internet connection, so no problem there.  

Yesterday, we tried getting on our save of Forza 6 or Disney Infinity 3.0 and we kept getting the "cannot sync data at this time" message.  Today, save games were gone.  Very frustrating.  Each game starts at the beginning.  Tried all troubleshooting suggestions (restart, hard reset, clear cache, sign out/in, reinstall game, but nothing.  

It was very frustrating at one point where I could see our game data on Infinity (a couple of megs) but it would not sync.  Then it was gone.  My game data for COD was still there, however.  All disc games.

After much searching, the only thing I seem to understand is that the saves are supposed to be registered both online (Live) and locally.  We were/are very frustrated.  Just want to try and understand how it works.

Thanks for any answers.

Sorry this didn't help.

My understanding is your progress is always saved to the Cloud. When you relaunch the game there is a point in the beginning of the game loading up where the XBox One is synching with the cloud. I have noticed on a couple of games that if you try and start the game too soon it will not synch and you could lose progress. I always wait for the  cloud synch before starting my game session. If you get a synch error I would suggest quitting the game and hard reset your XBox One. I keep my XBox One in power saving mode which seems to be the safest way to keep your XBox One in a good state. It will take the XBox One longer to boot up in power save mode though.

Sorry this didn't help.