Losing in Australia too

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Playstation has always been dominant in Australia though hasn't it?

By the looks of things ps4 is going to be dominant everywhere but I think america will be neck and neck!!

personally i expect to see 2:1 sales at launch, and i expect that after launch people will see that right now specs are not everything and the X1 sales will come up closer to where the PS4 will be, from the people that didn't want to "beta test" or on the fence about the X1.

To be fair, that survey was done between July and August of this year, possibly the worst time to take a survey regarding the Xbox One because of all the bad press is had at the time.  Lately however a lot of good press has started circulating, wouldn't surprise me if the same survey was taken now or in the next few weeks, we would see a slightly different story.  I doubt it would have Xbox One with the majority, but definitely a much closer gap.

First, let me say that I'm not a fanboy and I feel that both systems will have impressive numbers. Both are sold out in terms of pre orders except for the few that just got restocked, but I find these surveys rather pointless. In the beginning, I think the PS4 will have the slight edge with that being gone by the end of the first quarter in 2014. Then I believe X1 will have the edge with Titanfall and Halo 5 coming out. From there on, it'll pretty much be up to what people decide is better.

The ps4 releases in Japan around that time so there will be a massive influx of ps4 buyers. Also ps4 launches in 32 markets compared to xbox one 13 markets. So by the end of the year we might see it at 3:1 in favour of ps4. I also think sony have a great brand recognition with playstation worldwide. The ps3 has outsold the 360, when the 360 had a year head start, and with so much momentum towards the ps4 I can see the ps4 continue to outpace the one in the coming years!!

I think MS will have to put some added value in the box to cover that $100 price difference. Parents buying a console for their kids and casual gamers are going to pick the cheaper option.

i cant imagine less then 3500 people being a large enough sample to accurately predict the purchasing pattern of everyone 14+ in a country over the next 12 months. no doubt ps4 has an advantage, but i would be shocked if this was representative of the australian population 14+. even if it is, it shows how small of a market australia is with 1m console sales in 12 months across all platforms.

-

the holiday season will see both consoles sell everything they can produce. so there is no way you will see a 2:1 advantage. after that it will be the games and services are received that decide things, which as of now no one has a very strong sense of.

-

id say ps4 will probably receive more of a let down as its hardware will not be fully utilized for some time and people have the mindset that it is 50% more powerful. but there are also those in the x1 camp expecting azure and k2 to be some kind of magical super machines immediately who are going to be let down.

Once PS4 better Specs, Xbox One better games becomes more evident, the sales will swap.

Or will they pick the option with more entertainment value and more functions so that the whole family have use for it?