Looking for Official Clarification Regarding Thumbstick Sensitivity Customization on the Elite Controller.

I've seen virtually no discussion about this anywhere.

So I distinctly recall the thumbstick sensitivity settings being much more customizable in the previews we were shown of the controller prior to release. Currently I have 4 presets, "Slow Start," "Fast Start," "Instant," and "Default." As of yet I haven't found any of these to do anything useful that an in game sensitivity setting wouldn't do, and in some situations these actually just make the controller perform as though broken. 

What I was expecting, and am still hoping for is to be able to set the curve myself, rather than having to use the presets provided by Microsoft. From conferring with other owners online I have determined that the controller firmware that the preview program members have access to does have more presets (5 instead of 4), but that "User Defined" curves are still not an option.

So can anyone provide a source to official word on this, or could a MS rep provide official word as to whether this much anticipated and advertised feature will be debuting soon, or if it has been scrapped entirely?

I love my Elite controller regardless, but this feature was a selling point for me and I'd like to know whether it will be something I get or not. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Here's a source for what I'm talking about. This video is from Microsoft themselves and was released less than a month ago. The app in this video looks significantly more feature rich and capable than the app we currently have.

So is this the app before it got dumbed down or is this the app we'll be getting once the kinks are worked out? About 2/3's of the way through you can see him making a custom sensativity graph.

https://youtu.be/1Qn97tzK1GI

Yep, i'm with you... our app is definitely stripped down.

Dont quote me on it... but that may have been the a newer version the app coming out at the next big OS update... perhaps we'll find out on the 12th Nov?

Yep, i'm with you... our app is definitely stripped down.

Dont quote me on it... but that may have been the a newer version the app coming out at the next big OS update... perhaps we'll find out on the 12th Nov?

still waiting 2 yrs later.