First post here and it's a "OMG PLZ LET ME JOIN U!" thread. I have never joined an Xbox 360 clan/guild/group throughout the years of myself actually owning the console and playing games. I've always been a PC fanatic. I've decided that this should change, but I require a group to game with. Deleting the majority of my friends list (most I don't know IRL and are barely online when I am) I'd like to join a clan that's both close and active. Oh and before we begin, I don't play CoD anymore and have no interest in doing so again.
The name's Rich Edmonds (obvious from the GT), 21 years old and I'm from Essex, UK. I used to work as an SEO technician for a few years in London before moving into freelance journalism, where I'm currently at WPCentral.com which covers the Windows Phone
platform. In my spare time I enjoy gaming and web development with a few side projects in the works.
I have had extensive experience managing a top clan back in the days of Unreal Torunament 2004, the >BIG< clan to be precise (2006-2007). I was co-leader and pretty much managed the website and forums, as well as the server (we had one of the most popular ****/racing servers at the time). During that time we entered into a few friendly challenges as well as a competition but we soon pulled due to bias judges and officials. I took pride in bringing a mature spark to the clan with weekly meetings, friendly banter and more.
Since being in >BIG<, I spent the majority of my time switching MMORPGs and being in countless groups and guilds, none satisfying my needs. As mentioned above, it's time I registered my devotion once again. I intend to take this very seriously.
What I'll bring
What can I bring? Well a part from myself and all the qualities I believe I have, I have a valid Invision Power Board license that could prove useful in creating a powerful foundation for the clan community. It's doing nothing and I need to use it somewhere. Back to me, I can list what I can bring to a clan:
- Dedication - call me to be present and I'll be online unless I'm working that I can't get out of.
- Time - I have a lot of spare time on my hands being self-employed, something that will change, but for now I'd prefer to enjoy it.
- Humour - I enjoy having a giggle as much as the next guy, but I prefer raising the lulz whenever I can.
- Maturity - since I've survived the teen years and have worked in the big smoke, I can safely say I have a good level of maturity.
- Competitiveness - I take everything extremely seriously and will battle to the end, even if the team is hopelessly losing.
- Team Player - I'm a massive team player and can mould to whoever I'm partnered with.
Games I play
Here's a short list of games I'm currently playing right this very moment (not all at once):
- Halo: Reach
- Mass Effect 2 (again)
- GTA IV
- Left for Dead 2
I'm not interested in CoD since MW and have no desire to get back into it. I'm up for investing money into games that the clan covers (that I don't own) so I can provide my assistance and qualities where it's needed.
Thanks in advance,