Looking for a Way Out of Gamertag Hell

Long story short: My account/email got hacked, and I no longer have access to the Windows Live ID associated with my gamertag (I don't think it exists anymore).  I started a new gamertag with a different email address.

The only thing I want to do is somehow recover/transfer my old saved games from the old gamertag to the new one.  I don't care about achievements or anything else.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to do this, or a way to tell MSFT that the old gamertag profile should be merged with the new one?  Since the email address no longer exists, I can't log into Windows Live to change anything about the gamertag, and I can't do anything from with Xbox because it won't let me log into the old gamertag without first "recovering it" via Windows Live.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Did you speak to Customer Support about your account? If not, please do so.

Gamertags or accounts can't be merged. And the save games are still there but associated with the old Gamertag. So the best thing to do is getting your account back. Please call Xbox Support of your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only thing transferable from one account to another is the game saves and that is only if the Game Developer allows it to be done within their game. Everything else is non-transferable. The ability to earn any achievements from those saves is automatically disabled as well. So if you want to earn cheevos you will need to start over in that game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys, I have contacted Xbox support and hopefully they can help.

Does anyone know if Dragon Age II allows you to change saves within the game?  That's the only game I'm trying to keep the saves from.  Don't care about achievements.

Sorry this didn't help.