Looking for a decent modem/router combination.

I have Cox Cable in the SoCal region. Looking to upgrade my network as my gateway is currently crapping out. It currently cannot run more than one 360 on XBL at the same time. So, can anyone suggest a working combination for at least two 360s on the same network? (And before you get into "You just have your settings wrong", no I don't, I have tried every suggestion given to me, this router just seems incompatible, mostly because it's about 4-5 years old and it's a gateway {router/modem combo})

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

KaMooseKazi - I have a DIR-655 from D-LINK and it's perfect > www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1. It has perfect QoS settings for Gaming/Streaming. I currently run two XBOX 360's (one usually has Netflix on it, and another one just plays XBOX Live games, I also stream to a PS3 in the other room where friends/girlfriend/family come over they can watch TV shows I have on my computer/hard drive as well as another Netflix box basically. It hasn't failed me yet and it's been with me for 5 years now. This only works however as a regular router and not a modem / router combination. Don't know if it's possible to get just a modem from COX (I think it is as I know a friend who has COX and is able to do that).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, you need to do a bit of research before buying a new router specifically for two xboxes on the same router with an Open NAT,  have a read here:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

As Hassassin says the 655 is a great router, but  the Billion 7800N is also very good I would get that if its available to buy in your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.