Looking at getting a gaming monitor... Questions tho!

So I was just doing research and saw most people who play cod or first shooter games get a gaming monitor and its usually the BenQ. Does it actually make a big difference? And if I get one, whats everything I need to get to hook my xbox up to it? Does it still work fine for non first person shooters for xbox?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have my gaming PC, PS4, and Xbone all hooked up to my Asus VG278h, and I can highly recommend it. I also have  a nice 50 inch plasma, but I enjoy playing on the monitor more.

It isn't usually the brand but it is more the response time. 12ms-8ms or lower is recommended by  hard core gamers. Maybe the reason they buy the benq model you mention is because of response time? Shouldn't matter brand you buy just be sure to get a monitor with a low response time. Hope I helped.

In order to connect a monitor to your Xbox 360 you will need an Xbox 360 VGA HD adapter or if your monitor has Hdmi a HDMI cable. Depending on your monitor you may need to setup a headset or speakers for sound but alot of monitors nowadays come either I built or packaged with the monitor.