Looking at buying two new 360s for my sons for Christmas Xbox Live Gold Question

I haven't been paying much attention to what happened to the Family Plan at the time and just found out it was discontinued.  I wanted to get my sons each their own Xbox 360 in their room for Christmas.  Now since the Family Plan is gone, what do I have to do to be able to let them both watch Netflix at the same time?  Do we all need our own Xbox Live Gold account?   I know I could have my profile on their systems but what if we all wanted to be online at the same time?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can let them watch Netflix on your profile if you like, but if they both want to go online at the same time, you'll need at least one other Gold membership.  If they each want to play games online with their own profiles, then they'll each need Gold.  My recommendation would be to look online for any sales or promotional deals that might drop the price down a bit for you.  Especially as we approach Black Friday.  If you spot any deals that are just too good to pass up, feel free to grab two or three of it, as you can stack memberships on an account up to 36 months at one time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is true that in preparation for the Xbox One launch the family plan was discontinued and existing users were converted to standard LIVE Gold accounts.  Reason being, the Xbox One is capable of enabling an Xbox LIVE Home Gold account instead.  The Xbox LIVE Home Gold service allows ANY profile that logs into your Xbox One console to have access to your live services.  I see the dilemma for you is that you want two Xbox(s) for two children.  If it is not possible for them to share an Xbox One, then you really only have the option of purchasing two consoles and two standard LIVE Gold memberships.  As for Netflix, if you only have one console and one LIVE Gold membership, you can only watch Netflix on that console.  But, it you have two consoles and two LIVE Gold memberships, you should be able to watch Netflix on each console, provided that Netflix allows more than one user to be logged into the same Netflix account from different "locations".  Otherwise, you might need two Netflix memberships too.  If my siblings and I didn't want to share our Super Nintendo, my parents said "Tough dookie! Learn to share "your toys"".  My, how times have changed. LOL

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.