Lookiing for help and advise on where I buy an official xbox 360 hard drive (HDD) from all help greatly appreciated

Hi there

I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction, my son has an XBOX 360 4G and wants to play orignial xbox games on it, please could someone tell me where I can purchase an official hard drive from as I know the 4G does not have this just a flash memeory and when he puts an original game in it comes up woth error message saying  ' you need to attach an xbox hard drive ' I have recently updated the xbox software when alerted to do so by standard message ' your xbox has an update ' and read somewhere that this can sometimes allow you to play the original games but then realised we have the 4G so wouldnt make any difference to this.  If anyone can help or give me some advise I would greatly appreciate it

Many thanks

Sarah x

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there,

-

Like you already know, you will need an official ms xbox360 hard drive to be able to play Original xbox games,

to be absolututely sure where to buy an official xbox 360 hard drive view this link: www.xbox.com/.../Home it will have a button to view the official suppliers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

if you need 1, just go to a elecrtronics store or a game store. or search online for the hardrive

Sorry this didn't help.

Like EpicDanny I suggest going to an electronics store or a game shop or check out an online store like amazon.com etc (depending on where you are). You can buy a 320GB hard drive for the new slims for about $100 and the come with a download code for Lego Star Wars III

Sorry this didn't help.

Be careful when shopping online for hard drives.  There are many knock-off hard drives sold even on amazon.  Your best bet is to buy one from a local store or directly from microsoft.  If you get a knock-off hard drive, you will not have the ability to play original Xbox games as the emulation software is built in to the official drives.  There is no way to add it to a fake drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't recommend online at all.

Many stores carry the drives.

Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy, EB, Source... and on and on.

Sorry this didn't help.