Long loading and freezing. DR3 and BF4 did i waste my money?

Hello,

I recently got the xbone with deadrising 3 and battlefield 4. When i die on dr3 it just loads and loads until about 15 minutes go by and i just say f it and shut it off. I downloaded a 10GB update and it still has this issue even after ive reset multiple times. Battlefield 4 lets me in a match and i lag the whole game then when i go to another match it freezes where the dashes are in the upper right of the screen. What is going on here these are both new physical copies that have been updated and reset. Ive read on other peoples posts that this is common but that was in 2013. Do any of u still have this issue or am i alone? Have they still not fixed this? Youd think this would be top priority for microsoft to fix... 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well battlefield I would say yes...I might have a total of 10 hours into that game since launch...and thats being optimistic and including the campaign...the campaign was the highlight of my battlefield 4 nights...very cool fighting scenarios on land/water/air....other then that...multiplayer lags half the time so I dont play much...though it is action packed and alot of fun on days when the servers seem to be running ok...which again with EA isnt reliable or enough of.  I'm hoping the lag gets sorted out soon...but dont hold your breath.  

I don't generally have the freezes, but the long loading times seems pretty standard (although it's supposed to be nowhere near 15 minutes; usually only supposed to take 1 minute or less) - it does it when you die in Ryse too. However, look at it this way - it never loads UNTIL you die; so, don't die and it won't have to load. That's a fairly good trade off, IMO, especially considering everything that happens in DR3. Also, don't worry; you get used to it. ;)

So everytime it freezes or doesnt load up i have to reset it by holding the power button for 5 seconds? Will this hurt the console eventually?

No, it won't; if anything, it'll actually help improve it.

15 mins is far too long, it's crashed for sure, usually go back to home screen, press the options button, quit game properly and restart. It does not always need a hard reset. It's the game so dice at fault for bf4 :) not had this happen with titanfall yet... so could be bugs in the new games not being used to the system.

Well thanks for responding. It woulda been nice if they would have fixed these issues BEFORE releasing it

You might have a faulty installation or hardware issue. Might want to exchange that there console.

I know with Dead Rising 3 the loading times are on the long side but 15 minutes? that's way too long, have you tried deleting and re-installing the game and updates to see if that solves it?

As for Battlefield 4, I hear it's a lot better but I haven't played MP in a while but this game has been full or problems since release so I'd say it's down to the actual game/servers than anything on your end.

Good luck!

Do the rest of you think it could be a hardware issue? I cant return the xbox. Ill try uninstalling and reinstalling.but i doubt itll do anything since bf4 crashes eventually also

cleaner... it would be an issue they would have fixed if it was a universal problem... it just seems like it a personal isolated problem really.. so how could MS fix it just for you...

BF does lag.. DR3 does have a slight load time when you die...but some other info would help...  how are you connected... how many people are connected.. what is your net speed.... who is your ISP ....  coming into a forum saying my game lags.... waste of money.. MS should fix this does not help in the overall scheme of things...