Logging into your site with my e-mail address shows somebodyelse's userid.

My userid is URNMYWY, so I was shocked to see a userid VerminousClown9 when I logged into xbox.com with my gmail e-mail account.  What is going on?

thanks

jon

URNMYWY

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Are you logging on with the same Windows LIVE ID and password as on your console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, my console was banned two days ago, so I don't know.  I was coming on to your site per instructions from your customer service to leave a post on the forums to clear up why my console was banned.  Either way, if somebody has my gmail e-mail userid and password to log into your web site with their gamertag, then they would have all of my e-mail addresses and passwords.  However, I don't know how this would have happened, nor do I know who VerminousClown9 is, so how would they have set up their gamertag on my gmail e-mail address?  Have I been hacked?  Is that why my console was banned?

jon

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, first of all, I'm not a member of Support, I'm a community member. Members of the Support Team will have S as their level on the left, and the XBL PET will have X.

No, it doesn't looked like you were hacked. You most likely created a new silver account while signing on here. The new way speeds up that process and automatically gives you a gamertag. However you are give 30 days to change it for free if you wish to do that. So that's that.

Also console bans are permanent and it cannot be lifted, sorry. If you would like an official answer from the XBL PET, post in section 14 of the support forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you.  That was very helpful.  You are correct.  My normal account is tied to my hotmail and yahoo e-mail accounts.  I was having issues logging into this site, so I create a new Live account on this web site with my gmail e-mail account in order to post in section 14.  The auto-assigned gamertag makes sense with a new Live account.  Thank you for explaining.  Also, good to know about the S next to the name for future.

Of the three customer service reps that I spoke to on the phone, 2 of 3 also said that they have never heard of a console being unbanned.  However, the supervisor said she had, so I'm hoping the Xbox support on this site will come to their senses and realize that I couldn't possibly have purposely lagged myself out of a game, let alone enough times to permanently ban my entire console.

Of course, now I wonder why my post on section 3 went through immediately, but my post in section 14 still hasn't been "approved by moderator" after 2 days.  Frustrating.

thanks

jon

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes you are right. Only section 14 is moderated, and needs to be approved first, before appearing there. Here it doesn't have to be approved, but a thread can be locked if it is getting out of hand.

Sorry this didn't help.